Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Little Update, because God is amazing!

 Hiya guys and dolls! I'm super stoked to be able to write this post today, God is so amazing! Let me explain.

carlton fresh prince of bel air dancing

My writing had taken a miserable turn the last two years or so, for several reasons, but the most impacting one is a lack of a laptop. Everyone has their best writing setups, and mine is writing on a laptop - no hand cramps, I can settle anywhere my creativity can flow (which changes constantly lol), and it just fits my writing style best. A couple years ago, my workhorse of a laptop had a catastrophic failure, leaving me in a lurch. We have an old desktop that can barely run a single program, and while I did get a few writing sessions in on it from time to time, the old struggling computer just killed any creativity with constantly freezing and crashing. I couldn't even turn hand-written pages into digital which is definitely not helpful.

harry potter dumbledore welp

So, writing was forced to the back burner. I put the time to good use and made awesome progress in several other areas and projects, so I'm not too bummed, but I've missed writing terribly. It's been a constant needle in the back of my mind, the desire to write that can't be satisfied with any kind of actual progress. It's been rough.

So, as I tend to do with everything, I would go to God with it any time it started weighing on me. Oh boy did He come through! Not only did He provide a way to replace our old struggling desktop, He provided a way to fix a different laptop we weren't able to get working either! I'm currently writing on said laptop, and while I miss my old familiar workhorse laptop, this new-to-me machine is literally a God-send and I'm incredibly grateful.

I've been cautiously jumping back into writing again, and I can't explain how therapeutic it's been. Ignoring how deeply I'd missed it helped me get through those years, but I can honestly say it was like living with a missing limb. Thankfully I am able to start writing again, and have so many projects to catch up on!

I hope to pick up blogging again as well, if I'm able. I'm going to have to figure out the best time management methods for writing now, without putting anything else on the back burner. I still have all those other projects going on that I spent my non-writing time on, which I can share with y'all if you'd be interested - let me know in the comments!

drew barrymore taking notes

Thank you for reading, and for sticking around while I got my stuff sorted. I hope you're having an incredible week!

dean winchester you're awesome jensen ackles supernatural

Ciao for now,

~Rosie Zayne


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! How are you today?